July 19, 2017 10:20 pm Happy birthday? Josh was surprised to find out that today is his birthday. When I asked him how old he is today, he said, “I don’t know.” I said, “25! You are 25 years old today!” He looked shocked. I said, “Do you feel old?” He replied, “I didn’t until now.” THAT is a GREAT answer! Because Josh is still in such a fragile state, they have assigned him one-on-one care. That means that he is to have a BA (Behavioral Attendant - the rest of the world calls them CNAs) with him at all times. So even through the night, a person is hired to watch him sleep. Apparently, last night’s nurse didn’t watch so closely because he pulled his IV out. They had to reinsert it during the night. Josh’s birthday started at 6:45 this morning when he was taken to Swedish Medical Center for x-rays. They x-rayed his PEG tube to see how deep the infection is. Then he was wheeled into the ultrasound room. While they were doing his ultrasound, he told his BA, “This is stupid.” I...
Comments
Post a Comment